On May 18, Governor Whitmer issued Executive Order No. 2020-92, which replaces the previous “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Order. The new order divides Michigan into different regions. Harbor Springs is in Region 6. The new order allows certain activities and businesses to open in our region not allowed in other regions. The highlights of the new order are:
- Social gatherings of 10 people are now allowed.
- On Friday May 22, retail stores, offices, restaurants and bars are allowed to open with limited seating capacity.
- Government buildings still remain closed to the public.
- Visits to vacation rentals are still prohibited.
- Social distancing and the use of PPE is still required.
Please see the Executive Order No. 92 for more information.
If you are a business, please refer to Executive Order No. 91 for information on workplace safety guidelines.