Operating snowmobiles in the City limits is prohibited with the following exceptions:
- Snowmobiles may enter the City limits from Hoyt St. and continue south across M-119 to Bay St.
- Snowmobiles may then travel west on Bay St. to the Harbormaster parking lot only.
- One area of the lot remains un-plowed and is designated for snowmobiles.
- Parking of your snowmobile in this area is permitted only while visiting the downtown area and not intended for long term parking.
- Snowmobile riders who live in town may ride their snowmobile directly from their residence to the closest point on the Hoyt/Bay St. trail, or to the closest exit point from the City
When operating a snowmobile under the conditions listed above the following regulations apply:
- speed may not exceed 25 mph in the City limits and,
- snowmobile operation is prohibited between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.