Information and Services for Residents
2020 Spring Leaf & Summer Brush Pick – Up Schedule:
Limits and Instructions
- Leaves, brush, and yard waste must be placed at curbside, not in the street.
- Do not place in plastic bags.
- Please place each type of material in separate piles.
- Brush may not exceed 3” in diameter.
- There is a limit of the equivalent of one pick-up truck full (approximately) of un-chipped brush per resident each month.
The City WILL NOT pick up brush in the following situations:
- Where the resident/property owner has hired a commercial service to trim trees or bushes or clear brush. The service provider will be responsible for removal.
- When trees or bushes or brush are cleared to facilitate a construction project for the resident/property owner, in which case the resident/property owner or contractor will be responsible for removal.
- When the brush pile exceeds the equivalent of one pick-up truck full. The DPW Director will notify the resident or property owner if it is determined that he/she is responsible for removal.
City residents and property owners only may take leaves, grass, and other yard waste generated from in-City locations directly to the City’s compost pile at Kiwanis Park at any time, please do not leave it in plastic bags. We cannot accept brush at Kiwanis Park or any other City location. Brush is accepted at the Emmet County drop-off center located at 7363 Pleasantview Road.
Questions – Please call Lucas VanderZee at the Department of Public Works at 526-0604.
Questions regarding turf management practices of the City’s green spaces, lawns, and grounds, can be directed to the City of Harbor Springs Department of Public Works Director, Lucas VanderZee, by phone at (231) 526-0604 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your day-to-day recyclables will be collected weekly from your home’s curbside. Your FREE home recycling totes and collection service are paid for by the City of Harbor Springs at no additional cost to you.
Recyclables from homes within the City limits of Harbor Springs are collected every Tuesday. The service is operated by Emmet County Recycling under contract with the City. For more information call 231-348-0640.
Do you have something to get rid of? You’ve come to the right place.The Emmet County Department of Public Works provides options for recycling, composting, or disposing of almost anything. And we constantly strive to make our offerings more comprehensive, environmentally positive, affordable, and convenient.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, call us at (231) 348-0640. Thanks for your interest in doing the right thing with your discards.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, call us at (231) 348-0640.
Thanks for your interest in doing the right thing with your discards.