Write In Candidate Information

No candidates will be appearing on the November 2, 2021 ballot for the two open City Council seats. If a resident would like to serve on City Council, then he or she must register as a write-in candidate. The two write-in candidates receiving the most qualifying write-in votes will be elected to Council. To register as a write-in candidate, a resident must complete, sign and submit the Write-In Candidate Declaration of Intent Form to the City Clerk by Friday, October 22 @ 4:00 PM. To learn more about the write-in process, please read this Supplementary Information.

General Election Information

SOS – Upcoming Elections

Public Notice for Candidates for City Elected Offices for the November 2, 2021 General Election | City of Harbor Springs

Polling Location:  The polling location for voters registered in the City of Harbor Springs is 160 Zoll Street, Harbor Springs, MI  49740 – City Hall Council Chambers.  Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Absentee Voting:  As a registered voter, you may obtain an Absent Voter Ballot  for any reason.   Please click here to read detailed instructions on how to obtain an AV Ballot or contact City Hall during regular business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  City Hall will be open from 10:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m. the Saturday and Sunday before each Election to accept and process AV Ballot applications.  Please remember to bring photo identification.

Military and Overseas Civilian Voters:  Special services are provided to assist military and overseas civilian voters participate in elections. If you are a military or overseas civilian voter who is eligible to vote in Michigan, you can find out more information about voter registration and absentee voting on the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website.

Are you Registered?:  To find out if you are registered to vote or where you are registered to vote you can enter your name and date of birth on the MVIC website.  (231) 526-2104 or click here to enter your personal information on the Michigan Voter Information Center website.

Register to Vote:  There are a number of different ways to register to vote.  Click here for detailed instructions or simply download a voter registration application and follow the instructions on the application.

If you have recently moved or changed your name:  You may record your name or address change and update your voter registration record at any Michigan Secretary of State branch, or other specified location.  Click here for additional instructions.  Please keep in mind, Michigan law requires that you change the address on your driver’s license or state identification card when you move, there is no fee to change your address.  You may change your address online, by mail, or in person at a Secretary of State branch office. Any of these options allows you to update your voter registration at the same time.


Working at the Polls:  Election Inspectors (also known as Poll Workers) are vital for managing the polls on Election Day.  Click here for additional information about becoming an Election Inspector or for an Election Inspector application.  Contact Nick Whitaker by phone at (231) 526-2104 for more information.

Michigan Voter Information Center:  Voting information and additional resources for all Voters in the State of Michigan can be found on the Michigan Voter Information Center (MVIC) website.  


Quick Links: