The Redevelopment Ready Communities® (RRC)Program is a state-wide certification program that supports communities to become development ready and competitive in today’s economy. It encourages communities to adopt innovative redevelopment strategies and efficient processes which build confidence among businesses and developers. Through the RRC program, local municipalities receive assistance in establishing a solid foundation for development to occur in their communities – making them more attractive for investments that create places where people want to live, work and play.
Through the RRC best practices, communities build deliberate, fair and consistent development processes from the inside out. RRC provides the frame work and benchmarks for communities to strategically and tactically ask “What can we do differently?” By shifting the way municipalities approach development, they’re reinventing the way they do business – making them more attractive for investments that create places where talent wants to live, work and visit.
Redevelopment Ready Community Committee
- Kathy Breighner – Chairperson, Harbor Springs Downtown Development Authority
- Rachel Smolinski – Director, Harbor Springs Downtown Development Authority
- John Cupps Jr. – Fire Chief, Harbor Springs Area Fire Department
- Kyle Knight – Police Chief, Harbor Springs Police Department
- Michael Behrmann – Superintendent, Harbor Springs School District
- Molly Veling-Baker, Director, Harbor Springs Area Chamber of Commerce
- Victor Sinadinoski – City Manger, City of Harbor Springs.
- Fred Rachwitz – Board Member, Harbor Springs Harbor Commission
- Mary Catherine Hannah – Commissioner, Planning Commission
- John Lio – Councilperson, Harbor Springs City Council