As the number of COVID-19 cases in Northern Michigan gradually rises, the Governor has imposed new (and emphasized previous) measures to ensure that we do not see a major outbreak of COVID-19 in our region. You can read Executive Order 2020-160, but here is a brief summary:
- All planned indoor and outdoor gatherings must be designed to ensure people not of the same household maintain 6 feet of distance from one another.
- The 6-feet rule does not apply to incidental gatherings (such as at a workplace or on a sidewalk).
- Indoor social gatherings are limited to 10 people.
- Outdoor social gatherings are limited to 250 people.
- For cinemas, performance venues, theaters, meeting halls or other similar indoor venues, the number of people is limited to 25% of the venue’s maximum capacity or 250 people, whichever is smaller.
- For outdoor concerts, athletic venues, performance venues, or other similar outdoor venues, the number of people is limited to 25% of the venue’s maximum capacity or 500 people, whichever is smaller.
Please remember to wear a mask when inside a public space or when 6 feet of distance cannot be maintained outdoors on a consistent basis.
Stay safe in Harbor Springs!