The City of Harbor Springs is on the search for a new and improved logo!
The City of Harbor Springs is holding a public contest to design a new logo for the City. Our current logo has been utilized for about four decades and the City’s residents have expressed a desire for a new design that represents and promotes our City. Some residents want a completely new logo while others only want to see minor changes, if any at all. (Please see the attached survey results to better understand community perspectives and to incorporate any of their suggestions into your design.) The contest is open to all individuals. Submissions will be judged by the public through a series of online and/or in-person surveys and the City Council will take into consideration community feedback when making its decision.
Rules and Submission Requirements:
1. The contest is open to all individuals. However, minors (under the age of 18) will need parental consent to enter the contest.
2. A contestant may submit up to three entries and must complete an entry form for each submission.
3. The deadline for submission is 5:00 PM on Friday, January 10, 2020.
4. The City of Harbor Springs reserves the right to extend all deadlines associated with this contest.
5. Each design must reproduce well in different sizes and when printed in black and white.
6. All submitted designs and images must be the original work of the artist. No third-party artwork or images, including clipart or copyrighted graphics, may be used. Artwork that has been previously published or exhibited is not allowed.
7. Contestants agree that the City of Harbor Springs may use their submissions and names for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future.
8. Contestants agree to assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to the City of Harbor Springs, Michigan should their design be chosen as the winner of the contest. Further, the City of Harbor Springs may alter, modify or revise the winning logo as it sees fit to achieve the needs of the City.
9. Designs may be created with computer drawing programs, pencils, crayons, markers, or paint. Submissions may be submitted electronically, by mail, or in person at City Hall.
10. Designs deemed offensive or inappropriate will be disqualified.
11. The public will be afforded an opportunity to rate and rank the submissions in a series of surveys. City Council will choose a winner at a City Council meeting on Monday, March 2, 2020, but Council may also choose to stick with the current logo.
12. The winner will be highlighted on the City website and recognized at a City Council meeting. The City will also award the winner with merchandise (clothing and/or accessories) displaying the new logo.
13. Submissions must be accompanied by the following contest entry form and returned to: City of Harbor Springs, 160 Zoll Street, PO Box 678, Harbor Springs, MI 49740. Email submissions to Victor at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please contact Victor at the above e-mail address or (231) 526-2104.