2023 Spring Leaf and Brush Pick-Up Program
2023 SPRING LEAF AND BRUSH PICK-UP PROGRAM
Spring leaf and brush pick-up begins on Monday, April 17th and ends on Thursday, June 1st.
Limits and Instructions
- Leaves, brush, and yard waste must be placed at curbside, not in the street.
- Do not place in plastic bags
- Please place each type of material in separate piles.
- Brush may not exceed 3” in diameter
- There is a limit of the equivalent of one pick-up truck full (approximately) of unchipped brush per resident each month.
The City WILL NOT pick up brush in the following situations:
- Where the resident/property owner has hired a commercial service to trim trees or bushes or clear brush. The service provider will be responsible for removal.
- When trees or bushes or brush are cleared to facilitate a construction project for the resident/property owner, in which case the resident/property owner or contractor will be responsible for removal.
- When the brush pile exceeds the equivalent of one pick-up truck full. The DPW Director will notify the resident or property owner if it is determined that he/she is responsible for removal.
City residents and property owners only may take leaves, grass, and other yard waste generated from in-City locations directly to the City’s compost pile at Kiwanis Park at any time, please do not leave it in plastic bags. We cannot accept brush at Kiwanis Park or any other City location. Brush is accepted at the Emmet County drop-off center located at 7363 Pleasantview Road.
Questions – Please call Lucas VanderZee at the Department of Public Works at 526-0604.