From the daily necessities to the special benefits you want from your community, here’s information about some of the local services you might be looking for.
Your day-to-day recyclables will be collected weekly from your home's curbside. Your FREE home recycling totes and collection service are paid for by the City of Harbor Springs at no additional cost to you.
Homes within the City limits of Harbor Springs recyclables are collected on Tuesday. The service is operated by Emmet County Recycling under contract with the City. For more information or if you don't have two green recycling totes, call them at 348-0640.
Do you have something to get rid of? You've come to the right place.The Emmet County Department of Public Works provides options for recycling, composting, or disposing of almost anything. And we constantly strive to make our offerings more comprehensive, environmentally positive, affordable, and convenient.
If you can't find what you're looking for here, call us at (231) 348-0640.
Thanks for your interest in doing the right thing with your discards.
View Larger Map
Leaf and Brush Pick-up
CITY OF HARBOR SPRINGS
Spring 2013 Leaf and Brush Pick-up Program
Your City staff will again be providing a Leaf and Brush Pick-up service this spring, according to the following schedule and limitations:
April 8, 2013 — May 17, 2013
- Brush (maximum 3” diameter, limit one pickup equivalent)
- Yard Waste (flowers, plants, grass, etc.)
• All material must be placed at curbside (not in the street).
• Please do not use plastic bags for leaves and yard waste
• Please use separate piles for leaves, brush and yard waste
• Leaves containing branches, sod, dirt, brush or rubbish debris will not be picked up.
Limits on Brush Pick-Up
This service is limited to approximately one pick-up truck full (unchipped) equivalent of brush per resident/property owner per month. Brush and limbs no larger than 3” diameter will be accepted for pick-up.
This service is provided only for the removal of seasonal brush and leaves typically cleared by the resident or property owner. We cannot offer the service:
1. Where the resident/property owner has hired a commercial service to trim trees or bushes or clear brush. The service provider will be responsible for removal.
2. When trees or bushes or brush are cleared to facilitate a construction project for the resident/property owner, in which case the resident/property owner or contractor will be responsible for removal.
3. When the brush pile exceeds one pick-up truck full equivalent (unchipped) in which case the Superintendent of Public Works will notify the resident/property owner that he/she is responsible for removal.
City Residents and property owners ONLY may take leaves, grass and other yard waste generated from in-City locations directly to the City’s compost pile (not in plastic bags) at Kiwanis Park at any time. We CANNOT accept brush at Kiwanis Park or any other location due to prior abuses of this service.
If you have any questions about the Leaf and Brush Pick-up Program, please contact Joel Clark at the Department of Public Works at 526-0604.