Assistant to the City Manager
The City of Harbor Springs is seeking a full time employee to serve as Assistant to the City Manager. Required qualifications are:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in public administration
· Management/supervisory experience including collective bargaining
· Knowledge of, or experience in municipal government legal structure, operation, practices and
· Demonstrated high-level communication skills (written and verbal)
· Proven ability to balance and manage multiple and complex projects
· Customer service orientation and problem solving skills
· Experience and skill in public forums / meetings
· Demonstrated planning and organization skills
Applicants demonstrating the following attributes will be considered:
· Maintains a polished and professional demeanor at all times
· Demonstrates a passion for continuing improvement
· Skilled in dealing constructively with the public
· Demonstrates a commitment to teamwork
· A self-starter who initiates action without specific direction
· Dedication to follow-through
· High levels of integrity and judgment
A full position description will be available at City Hall and on the City’s website. All applicants having the above qualifications and possessing the above character traits are encouraged to apply at the City of Harbor Springs, City Manager’s Office, PO Box 678, 160 Zoll Street, Harbor Springs, MI 49740-0678. The City of Harbor Springs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are available at the front desk or you may send a résumé. Résumés may be submitted by email at email@example.com; by fax at 231-526-6865; or by mail or in person at the above addresses. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Any questions, call 231-526-2104.
Public Works Maintenance Worker
The City invites applications from individuals with skills and experience in PC operations including document, spreadsheet, and data entry, as well as maintaining lawns, landscaping, streets and other city infrastructure/facilities including operating and maintaining power equipment, commercial vehicles and construction/maintenance equipment. The position will require electronic utility meter reading and other and specialized utility programs.
The City seeks motivated and hard-working candidates who are productive independently and as an effective member of a team. A demonstrated commitment to safety, work quality and customer service are required.
Requirements include a valid Michigan commercial driver’s license and specific physical capabilities. Hourly wages range from $16.50 to 23.41 per hour and a competitive benefit package is provided.
First review of applications will be November 5, 2018. Candidates will be considered until the position is filled. References, criminal background checks, pre-employment drug screening and physical exam will be required before employment is offered.
A full job description and application can be obtained at Harbor Springs City Hall, 160 Zoll Street, Harbor Springs, MI 49740 or on the City’s website: www.cityofharborsprings.com
Applications and resumes should be sent to City Manager Tom Richards at the above address or fax: (231) 526-6865
Job applications are also available at City Hall, located at 160 Zoll Street, Harbor Springs MI 49740